CIVIL ENGINEER (Underwater Services)
Aquatic Sciences specializes in underwater inspections,
marine geophysical and hydrographic surveys, contaminated spill site
remediation and marine construction. A full fleet of advanced robotic
vehicles and the latest in imaging, surveying and inspection technology
backs our commercial divers, construction crews, engineers and technicians.
Supported by our in-house environmental and engineering resources,
we provide clients in the public and private sectors with integrated
turnkey services for all project phases: assessment and planning, design
and fabrication, installation and operations.
- Engineering accreditation (P.E. or equivalent)
- 5- 10 years of underwater inspection related experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of ROV's, sonar equipment including data
acquisition and post-processing, underwater video systems, marine geophysical
and hydrographic surveying equipment
- Knowledge of electrical systems and fiber-optics telemetry protocols
as related to ROV's
- ROV and commercial diving experience
- Mechanical and electronic aptitude
- Possess a valid Driver's License (Class D minimum)
- Possess a valid passport for international travel.
- Sound knowledge of current AutoCAD, 3-D modeling, SolidWorks, interfacing
- Leadership and management of field operations teams
- Project Management and process and best practice
- Excellent cost budget, proposal and report writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Self starter and able to work independently
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.